Dublin City Council North West Area Joint Policing Sub Committee provides a forum where the local authority and senior Garda Officers responsible for the policing of that area, with the participation of Oireachtas members and community/business interests, can consult, discuss and make recommendations on matters affecting the policing of the area.
The North West Area Joint Policing Sub Committee has 23 members with representation broken down as:
- 14 Councillors
- 3 Oireachtas Representatives
- 6 Community/Business Representatives
Community/Business representatives are required to take part in the revision of the annual work plan and become members of the relevant sub groups established to progress certain items from the work plan.
Current issues discussed at meetings are:
- Updates on ongoing projects for example CCTV installation/upgrade in the North West Area
- Presentations on current operations from An Garda Siochana
- Local Safety Fora updates
- Garda Statistical and area update reports
The Committee meetings are held quarterly, on a Monday at 3pm, at the Council Chambers in the Ballymun Civic Offices.
Role of the PPN Representative:
- Attends and participates at the committee they were elected to.
- Represents the views and concerns of members to the relevant policy committee
- Represents all the members of the PPN and not just their own group
- Feeds back to the PPN membership through reports, presentations and meetings (linkage meetings)
PPN Representatives: Cabra Seat – Triona O’ Sullivan
Finglas Seat – Martin Hoey