The work of the Secretariat includes:
- coordinating and implementing the work of the PPN
- devising and coordinating the activities of the PPN
- ensuring good communication structure with the PPN membership
- promoting the work of the PPN
- overseeing the PPN representatives and their work on committees
It is the role of the Secretariat to call and organise the plenary sessions of the PPN. A Plenary is a meeting of the entire membership of the Network and all groups are encouraged to attend.
Any member of the Dublin City PPN can join one or more linkage groups. A linkage group is a sub-group within the PPN who elect a representative to a committee. This sub-group give direction to that representative and receive feedback from the representative in relation to the committee they sit on.