Dublin City PPN is seeking to fill 2 vacant seats on the Environmental Pillar of the Secretariat. Groups are now being requested to nominate suitable candidates. Groups registered within the Environmental pillar can nominate a representative to the Secretariat. Nominations must be made using this form PPN Secretariat Nomination Form October 2017 (to be submitted no later than 5pm on Monday 2nd October 2017), and candidates being nominated should have the relevant knowledge, experience, commitment and meet the qualifying criteria (listed below).
Role of the Secretariat
The Dublin City PPN Secretariat is made up of nine members with three members drawn from each pillar: Social Inclusion; Community & Voluntary; Environment. The role of the Secretariat is to:
- Identify, coordinate and facilitate activities of the PPN which are of benefit to its members
- Communicate with all PPN members and disseminate information concerning all PPN activities
- Ensure the proper functioning of the PPN
- Devise a work plan and proposals to present to the Plenary
- Work closely with PPN Staff to enable them to deliver the PPN objectives
- Support the strategic development of the Dublin City PPN
- Work to ensure that the profile of the PPN is raised and inclusive
- Work to ensure that representatives and linkage groups are participative
The Secretariat meet on a monthly basis (or as required) and are required to attend regional meetings (twice a year) and PPN events.
Persons being nominated to the Secretariat should have some or all of the following skills and attributes:
- A keen interest and awareness of general issues in the pillar you are seeking to represent
- Be working on the ground, on a voluntary or paid basis, in a community group
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of taking part on a board or committee
- A commitment to attend meetings and PPN events and participating fully in the duties of the Secretariat
Nomination and Election Process
Completed nomination forms should be returned by 5pm on Monday 2nd October 2017, by e-mail to ei.yt1558444925icnil1558444925bud@n1558444925pp1558444925 or by post to: Dublin City PPN, Block 3, Floor 1, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
Once collated, and based on the nomination information submitted, a candidate information document will be circulated to all PPN groups, in advance of the election.
The election will be held at our Plenary on Tuesday 10th October from 6-8pm in the Wood Quay Venue, Dublin City Council.
If you have any queries please e-mail: ei.yt1558444925icnil1558444925bud@n1558444925pp1558444925 or phone Nina Farrell at (01) 222 3851