- Many thanks to the PPN Arts Rep, Adekunle Gomez, for opening an art exhibition Thursday night by Ukrainian artist, Anastasiia Lunko, called “Unconquered”. This exhibition will be in the Brick Alley Café of Temple Bar, for the next month, and thanks to Adekunle for speaking at this event.
- Last year we re-registered half of our member groups, to make sure that our data is up-to-date and reliable. On Wednesday, Beatriz sent out a re-registration form to the other half, to ensure the same. If you received a re-registration form, please fill it in and send it back to Beatriz, so that we can be sure that the information on our website members’ directory is as accurate as possible. You can see the Members’ Directory here.
- Many of you will remember the Mazar’s structural review of the PPN last year, and you can read the report here. The Department of Rural and Community Development are now asking for PPNs to send a written response to this report to them, by 30th August. To facilitate this process, Social Justice Ireland are holding online consultation sessions, for all PPN members. If you would like to go to one of these sessions, you can register directly below:
Friday 15th July 12 – 2pm Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEscemtqTMvHdBl4YzsojxsRLQFAZjqYlPJ
Tuesday 19th July 2 – 4 pm Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUsd-muqDIoHdE-Ctivc8ZGASl2n4fGKewy
Wednesday 20th July 5 – 7 pm Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqfu2gqjwvHNM3t-cw4iGbm71skU0P3_BU
Saturday 23rd July 10am – 12 pm Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtf-6hqzwqGdy50rHQcfGlXQzU944OQDSE
Monday 25th July 7 – 9 pm Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAuceitpj8iG9Fgyw_Om4p14oyNHf-PDtXp
- Ruth will be on Dublin City FM radio at 10.45am on Friday morning if you get a chance to tune in. She will be talking about the PPN in general, the five-year strategic plan, and our exciting plans for the autumn!
News from the wider PPN
- Catherine Lane, from the National Women’s Council of Ireland, would like to promote the Salesforce Blazeintech Women’s Programme to PPN members. This programme will train those, who identify as women, without an IT background, who come from diverse and underrepresented communities, or have taken long career breaks, to earn technical and business skills, propelling them to a career in the Salesforce ecosystem. You can register for this 100-hour programme here: https://forms.gle/CrYrK1myT6QzMBUSA
- Paula Leonard, from the Alcohol Forum Ireland, and who spoke at the Last Thursday members’ meet-up in February, would like to invite PPN member groups to read their newsletter: Supporting Independence from Alcohol Industry Influence Please contact Paula directly if you would like further information about adopting the iMark for your group, or network.
- Explore Your Shore is a chance for the public to get involved in marine biodiversity citizen science surveys, and partner shores. Just go to the website for advice and tools for collecting data on marine life, from jelly fish to basking sharks! What can you spot? Spot it, record it, send it to Explore Your Shore.
Climate Conversations 2022
The Department of Environment, Climate and Communications recently invited PPN members to get involved in small group discussions, and many thanks to those groups who did. In addition, the Department would like to invite individuals to complete online surveys and questionnaires about shopping, reuse and recycling, food and food waste, heating, sustainable living, local environment, and climate change. You can complete the form here: and the closing date is 09 September.
Dublin City Council Local Area Grant Applications are open until Friday 22 July at 5.00pm – grants of up to 1500 euro are available for PPN members and you can find out more about the application criteria and process here.
Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) meetings
If you would like to see your elected representatives in action and would like to learn more about what goes on in the SPC meetings, you can watch the meetings live or recorded here:
You can see a full list of your Dublin City PPN representatives here.
Dublin City PPN is hosted by Dublin City Volunteer Centre, and you can find out more about their work and activities here.
Strength in using a common structure