- Please register if you would like to come to the PPN Plenary in St Patrick’s Cathedral, on 26 May, from 7.00pm – 8.30pm here.
- Please also register for one, or more of the PPN/DCU Summer School sessions HERE. We are offering nine, FREE, 2-hour, in-person training sessions from 30 May to 04 June, on a wide variety of topics and themes.
Topics include: trans awareness, conflict management, communicating, social media, equality, chairing an effective meeting, resilience, project management and public speaking skills!
Please share this information with other people from your groups and organisations.
- Last Thursday of the Month Member’s Meet-Up: the next Last Thursday meeting will take place online, on 30 June, and the title for this meeting is: Keeping it Environmental. Further details on the guest speaker to follow.
News from the wider PPN
- National Volunteering Week is taking place this year from 16 – 22 May. Our hosts, Dublin City Volunteer Centre, have a series of events and a selection of volunteer stories to share throughout the week. If you would like to find out more about how your organisation can get involved in #NVW22 go to this webpage here.
- Dublin City Council invite PPN members and DPOs to an online information workshop, on 10 May at 2.00pm with regards to the Duke Street/South Anne Street Public Realm project. You can find out more about the consultation here and please email Ruth if you would like the Teams Link for the meeting, or if you would like any further information.
- The Department of Rural and Community Development have opened a public consultation on a national strategy on outdoor recreation. This consultation is open to submissions until 17 May, and your group or organisation can find out more about it here.
- Sign up to The Wheel’s Fundingpoint for information about funding for the volunteering and community sector here.
- Clan Credo are offering a webinar to community groups, local sports clubs and charities, entitled “Managing Development Project Costs”, for those groups considering construction projects for their organisations. You can find out more about the webinar here.
- Stop Food Waste is a national campaign to help people avoid wasting food, which will save money and lessen the impact on the environment. Please share this blog with your groups and networks and join in the campaign here.
- The Community Foundation of Ireland have opened a grant stream and are offering grants of between €3,000 to €20,000 to groups that are interested in developing a green space in their local area. The deadline for the applications is Friday 20 May, and you can find out more about this here.
Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) meetings
If you would like to see your elected representatives in action and would like to learn more about what goes on in the SPC meetings, you can watch the meetings live or recorded here:
You can see a full list of your Dublin City PPN representatives here.
Dublin City PPN is hosted by Dublin City Volunteer Centre, and you can find out more about their work and activities here.
Strength in using a common structure.